Thursday, October 2, 2014

My words shall not pass away?

"My words shall not pass away" (Mt. 24:35, Mk. 13:31, Lk. 21:33).

"In all things I [Paul] have shown you that by so toiling one must help the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive'" (Acts 20:35).


-----------------------------------------


The words of Jesus Paul quotes are unexampled in the Gospels.

Isn't it just a little odd that were it not for Paul "it is more blessed to give than to receive" would have passed away, even though "... the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you" (John 14:25). Obviously not to the authors of the Gospels.

There must be other sayings we do not know about. After all, not all his deeds have been recorded, either:

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" (John 21:25).