Thursday, June 11, 2015

The better ordered our life, the less our need for vacation

So observes John Cuddeback, here:

"During this time I have found myself wondering about our need for vacation. It seems to me that the better ordered our life, the less our need for vacation. By vacation I don’t mean just any down-time, but rather a length of time where we travel to some destination for the sake of ‘getting away’ and relaxing. The normal routine of our lives ideally should include wholesome work, quality leisure time, and significant opportunity to be-together with, or live in communion with family and friends."

---------------------------------------------

"On the sabbath they rested (ceased from labor and were quiet at home) according to the commandment."

-- Luke 23:56

"Make it your ambition to live quietly at home (rest), to mind your own business, to work with your own hands, just as we commanded you."

-- 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Bought some cheap shades at the Amoco station, they make me feel like I'm on vacation, on my own island, motor city paradise.