Monday, April 21, 2014

Even The Resurrected Jesus Of John's Gospel Speaks Of Himself In Subordinationist Terms


Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

-- John 20:17

And while we're at it, did Jesus ascend between this appearance and eight days later, when Thomas is positively encouraged to touch him, as Mary is not?

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

-- John 20:26f.

If so, then there are two ascensions, as some teach, or perhaps more accurately, multiple ascensions.